Time line of the selection process:
- online registration: activated from 5th September 2017
- deadline for application: 5th November 2017 (24:00 Central European Time)
- deadline for submission of reference letters: 10th November 2017 (24:00 CET)
- Interview in Dortmund: 25th-26th January 2018
Candidates will be short-listed based on their academic qualifications, motivation letter, scientific background and recommendation letters.
Both faculty members and the coordination office participate in the selection of the candidates that will be invited for the interview.
The interview will take place at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology in Dortmund.
IMPRS-CMB provides support regarding VISA application and reimburses all costs for travel and accommodation during the interview.
Invited candidates will be interviewed by a panel of faculty members, after which, they will meet individually the group leaders that were indicated as preferred in the online application. Moreover, there will be also the chance to meet our current students to learn more about our program and the ongoing research in the participating groups.
Accepted candidates will be notified the week after the interviews.
Summer Selection 2018:
- online registration: activated from 1st March 2018
- deadline for application: 15th April 2018 (24:00 Central European Time)
- interview in Dortmund: 9th-10th July 2018
Winter Selection 2019
deadline for application: 30th October 2018 (24:00 Central European Time)