Welcome to the International Max Planck Research School in Chemical and Molecular Biology (IMPRS-CMB)
IMPRS-CMB stands for International Max Planck Research School for Chemical and Molecular Biology. We are interested in the molecular, chemical and physical properties that characterize interactions between bio-molecules.
- How do molecules interact?
- When and where do interactions occur within a cell or an organism?
- What is the molecular outcome of an interaction?
- How can we modulate or control a specific interaction (also for therapeutic purposes)?
- How do many interactions come together to form a dynamic and self-organized biochemical network?
To answer these questions, we want to train a new generation of life scientists that are passionate about biology, that are would like to understand the chemistry at the basis of life and that are fascinated, like physicists, by the dynamic behaviour of living matter through time and space.